Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a milestone

Is it possible that my Sweetie is officially 16 now? Honestly, I didn't really know what it would be like to have a 16-year-old but it's not half bad. It makes me think of me when I was that age...all of 18 years ago. And it also reminds me of that fateful little age that's looming ever so close. The one that I did the math on when I was pregnant with her. The age I would be if she had a baby when I had her. That birthday is coming up in a month for me. Of course, there's a whole year there where something horrible could happen that would forever alter the course of her life. I just don't see that happening, though. For that, I can only thank God. Seriously. How she ended up being so amazing with me as her mom blows my mind just about every second that I think about it.

AND! She likes Gainesville. She's even been calling it home. AND! She's got a meeting with Softie on Thursday at the local community college to learn "all you ever wanted to know about dual enrollment but didn't know to ask" for her final two years of high school. Wow. For real. My head would explode if I let it. She's so grown up and getting more so every day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi B. Amanda does Running Start (I think that's the same as "dual enrollment" in Gainesville). She is really enjoying it. It's hard work, and much different study-wise - it takes a lot of self-disciplne. But, it's pretty cool that they can graduate from high school with their associate's degree - and it's FREE! We personally, won't be able to pay for Amanda's college tuition, so this is a great thing for us. Now, she can transfer to a 4-year school and only have two years to pay for herself...

    ReplyDelete