Sunday, March 22, 2009
I will commit, however, to trying a bit harder to remember the things I think about posting. Lord knows, I'm online mostly all day, everyday. Of course, all the really good things happen when I'm not online. Well, really good as far as blogging about them goes.
Tomorrow, I will report to a new office. Same job, in a corporate park. I don't think that in all the jobs I've ever held that I've actually worked in a Corporate Office Park. Hopefully, the experience will continue to grow me as a person. Actually, I hope that the experience of my job won't be much different. That the only noticeable difference will be the physical address of the place. Well, that and my proximity to those I work with.
Cube Land!!! Here I come!!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
1. There was only one night with laundry on the couch. After folding those loads, I decided that if my mom could grow me up my whole life without laundry on the couch, I could probably also fold my laundry as it comes out of the dryer and just be done with it. I've made a new expectation of the children where they are responsible to put away their laundry as soon as it's folded, in the drawers where they belong. It's working AMAZINGLY!!!
2. Both boys are getting to school on time, every day, and from the school drop off, I've been heading straight into the office. That means that I've been waking up with them AND getting ready for the day!!
3. I battled with the school district over transportation and I WON!!!! It did take the entirety of 3 weeks and a rant. Go me!!!
So, we're all getting used to the new address. I'm switching up some other things and might actually get a Florida drivers license. Maybe.
Me. A grown up. Strange...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Seriously? Unbelievable. Completely unacceptable. TOTALLY frustrating. GAH!!!!!
whew...okay, I feel better now.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I've spent some time in the last few days doing some self-examination. Maybe bullets would be best for the next section.
- I am a very capable person.
- I think I can do more than the average person in a day.
- I am often convinced that my value is completely based on what I can accomplish.
- I despise lists.
- Once I feel the beginnings of wasted time in my life, I find myself making lists of what I've done so that I can give myself credit for feeling tired or busy or wasteful of time.
- Then I begin to despise myself for making the above mentioned list.
- Then I think, "Why are you so compelled, self, to get credit. Just get stuff done."
- Then I think, "Dude?! I am getting stuff done! Check out the list!?!"
- Then I think, "What's up with you thinking that your value is based solely on what you accomplish and get credit for?"
Well, I think you probably get the picture. I get knotted up having expectations for people that they simply cannot meet. Not due to any short coming on their part, but because I am downright, unreal. I don't know how to effectively just be okay with myself for what I do nor do I know how to be okay if there I things I'm not awesome at getting done.So, this last couple of days, I've been working hard on getting out of the self-centered cycle and onto the reality that I'm a decent enough person. I work hard. Other people work hard. They sleep with a clear conscience and so. can. I. I'm not, in fact, valued because of what I can get done, at least not by the measurers that count (people that I love and that love me) in the long run. All they care about is if I love them.
I do!! I do love them!!! Hooray for me!! The pressure's off!!!
Now, if I can only make a habit of THAT line of thinking...