Sunday, January 14, 2007

trying desperately to think of something to say...

That's what I am, just sitting here. I'm wishing that I could pull one group of thoughts out of my head that would mean something to anyone. Anything at all.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing of substance to say. In the last couple of weeks some biggish things have been going on. I'm pretty sure there's nothing that my one reader probably doesn't know already.

We're moving. Not far, just cheaper every month. About $250 less a month. That's about how much short we were for rent this month, so hopefully, we'll be able to hang on to this place for a whole year. I really hate moving, so maybe we'll really like the new place and we'll stay for a couple of years, like we did at this place.

Growing up, my family moved around so much. By the time my daughter was 1, I think my average length of stay in one place was about 2 years. In those days, we moved from time zone to time zone, so that's a lot different than this kind of move. Since I've lived in Washington the last 14 years, I've lived in 7 places. That's weird, my average hasn't changed since having a family. I guess 6 places is more accurate, since I lived in one of the places twice, but there was still moving involved. With all of that experience, you'd think I'd be better at it. You'd think I'd live in a more not-gonna-live-here-for-long manner, but I always forget that there's a move probably just around the corner.

I'm thinking about making a list of things to get done in order to prepare for moving. Last time we moved, my eldest had chickenpox and my sister was with us. There were so many people that helped us move, it was almost comical. I doubt that we'll have as much help this time. Having Michelle around made us much more lovable and in need of help. For as prepared as I thought I was for that move, apparently, I wasn't. I had packed up SO much in advance of the big day and I was certain that we were ready! It was going to be slick like buttah!

NOT! We were still pulling stuff out of the property 2 and 3 days later. Even after the sale had closed. It was really silly trying to "steal" stuff off our old property. We threw things into our neighbor's yard so that we could get it later.

This time, it's all about liquidation. Craig's List is our friend these days. Too bad it's the dead of winter! We could have a pretty kicking moving sale. In fact, if it can not snow next weekend, I just might do that on Saturday. Have a sale...eww! Cold, wet, and forced into such action by emptiness in the bank account. I can't wait!

I have a turtle shaped sandbox with a lid and a planter box/bench that I won't have room for. I'm sure there's stuff in the garage that we don't need. I know you can just see me jumping for joy at the opportunity to go through it all.

This project totally makes me want to run away to a warm island far, far away where all I need is the clothes on my back, my iPod, and an internet connection. I don't mind running water, but that's where I'll draw the line. Oh, and maybe some alcohol or at least the natural resources to make my own.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through mix'd equally...

    I was just telling my daughter today that it sure would be nice if we could get a bigger sandbox, like a GREEN TURTLE ONE WITH A LID. Wonder if there's any way I could get yours out to Florida? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete