Tuesday, June 5, 2007

on her birthday

I went to visit my sister a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't been to her new place since she moved there. It was good to see it. She's gotten a new neighbor since moving in. It really doesn't feel like it's been long enough for her to get a new neighbor, but that time line isn't mine to understand.

She was quiet, but there were lots of birds around singing. She loves the bird's song. And there were lovely flowers. Not a lot of traffic for her to deal with, so the noises there are all just nature.

I thought of her favorite book when I leaned in to touch her. Charlotte's Web. She loved that Avery. There was a part of me that was angry with the spider web there, hanging there, so close to her. But, as I swiped it away, my eyes got a little hot thinking about how even that reminded me of her. I realized that she wouldn't be upset by the webs.

I really wanted to get a picture with her, but I thought that might have been misunderstood.

I felt all kinds of things while I was there. Happy. Sad. Anxious. Lonely. Awkward. Lots of things. I'm glad I got the first visit out of the way. Maybe it'll be easier to visit her again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment