Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

It's May Day. I realized this as I was driving Mini Mann to school this morning. I remembered May Day celebrations in my elementary years. I also remember an awkward sense that I had no idea what May Day was all about.

After skimming through the wiki explanation, I'm still not 100% sure that's what I remembered from the day. I remembered making little tissue flowers with pipe cleaners and folded paper pots.

Pipe cleaners. Man! I remember those. When I went to private school, pipe cleaners were the coveted crafting material. There were kids who had pipe cleaners every single time we had a crafty homework project. And then there was me. I only got pipe cleaners when someone had left overs. They really can add to a project for a 6th grader...unless all you get are the brown scraps.

My crafting skills have been apparently never been that notable. Maybe that's why I'm so chicken about being a MOPs mom.

and yes, it's a hyperlink day. I haven't been able to pinpoint what makes a hyperlink day, but I know they've happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment