Wednesday, August 1, 2007

if you pray...

If you're one of the fabulous millions who pray to God the Creator, please lift up my mom right now. She fell this morning and broke both her wrist and her ankle - right and left respectively. She had to have emergency surgery to repair her wrist.

Unfortunately, for the entire time she's been in the care of physicians today, she has been having a hard time keeping her blood saturated with oxygen. Her sats are running in the low 70's when she's not purposeful about breathing...and that's with lots of supplemental oxygen.

I'm not convinced that she just fell today. I'm concerned that there's more to her fall and I'm trying to make sure that my dad pushes back on the doctor. She's been admitted overnight following her surgery. She's still not in stable condition, but they did release her from surgical recovery unit fully 7 hours after surgery was finished. It took more than 2 hours to wake her.

I've lost a lot of people in the last short period of time, and although on the surface this doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would take a person's life, my deep concern in the likelihood that there's more to it leads me to think the worst.

So, yeah, could you please pray with me for her? Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray. I agree with you about the fall - keep pushing those doctors. Listen to your gut. It doesn't sound right to me, either...

    ReplyDelete