Sunday, August 5, 2007

a little more about my new job.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I've accepted a new job offer that will require some pretty big changes. I did leave out the really big changes details, so I'll try and detail a little here.
The biggest of changes is that our geographical location will markedly change.

My new job starts in about 4 weeks. The kids and I will be hopping in the car for our road trip early in the morning of the 26th of August.

I've mapped out our trip. The night of the 26th, we should be in Bozeman, Montana. On the 27th, we'll have seen Mt. Rushmore and Wall Drug. We should make it to Kansas City on the 28th, Nashville on the 29th. Which puts us in a good position to pull into Gainesville, Florida by the 30th. I'll report to work for my first day on the 31st.

Maybe you figured it out. Maybe not. I'm going to work for the software company that I visited in April of this year. I'm very excited to have this incredible opportunity for advancement in my field of expertise.

I've spent a lot of time during the last few weeks evaluating some stuff and I've come to realize that I'm not as strange as I believe myself to be. I spend so much time thinking that I'm inadequate and crazy, but other people don't see me that way. It's a strange new place to think of myself as adequate or desirable professionally.

It's been good, this time of self-reflection. Unexpected certainly. Completely exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Moving away to sunshine sounds heavenly! Congratulations! This is great news for your family. And, how nice that you guys don't have to sell a house in this market right now - you can just go. Cool. Hope the move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does no one want to post a comment under their real names? Geez, Beth, what'd you do?

    ReplyDelete