Sunday, October 7, 2007

Did you ever wish?

We live in Gainesville now, as I've previously mentioned. There's lots of nature around here. New to us nature. I tend to avoid things I don't know about, so if you can imagine, I don't even want to accidentally walk through the grass if I accidentally park too close to the yard. Yes, I back out and try again so that the nature touching doesn't happen.

There's all kinds of different bugs and plants and lizards and frogs. I'm used to slugs in the rain, but there was a moth in my garage the other day that looked oddly like a bat. I'm still not convinced that it wasn't. Eugh!

Okay, so here's what I wish. I wish I had one of those really cool computer identifier thingys they use on CSI where they put in the partial fingerprint and it scans through the whole database of the world and finds the bad guy. I would take pictures of all of the nature around here and run it for processing. Then I would know if I should be knocking over the mushrooms or cooking them up for dinner. Whether I should make friends with the nice moths or call pest control for the bats.

By the way, the mushrooms here are big enough for me to believe in Smurfs. They spring up almost overnight and go through a crazy lot of changes before they get kicked over by my brave husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment