Tuesday, January 22, 2008

somethings just don't make sense

I travel for work. I enjoy it deeply. We've covered that.

There's one thing, though, that's sort of driving me a little crazy.

I rent a car while I'm gone and maybe there's more than one person with me. Hertz generously provides a couple of keys for the car. Unfortunately, they do so on a completely unbreakable ring.

Please tell me, Hertz, what's your plan for the 2nd key? Do you think that I'll take the little bolt cutter that I've scooted past airport security and break it apart? Do you hope then that upon the return of my car, I'll get my fancy little acetylene tank out and weld the sucker back together?

What? You don't take an acetylene tank and personal welding kit with you when you travel?

So far, TSA hasn't asked more than a couple of questions. I just have to tell them I rent from Hertz and there's more than one person that needs to use the car. They understand my plight and the need for said tools without another sideways look.

Doesn't it work like that for you in airport security? What?!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa (the girls' moma)January 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM

    Oh my goodness! I have SO thought the same thing when I rent a car! The last few times, I've been by myself, but still. Do I need 2 keys, leaving one of them banging against my knee when I'm driving? No! But the keyring -- it is UNSTOPPABLE!

    So scary that I have had the same conversation with myself in my head. We're two of a kind, you and me!

    ReplyDelete