Saturday, January 26, 2008

sometimes I say stupid things

The other day, I was in a meeting. It was a teleconference and the presenter was sharing her computer screen.

At the end of the official presentation, she minimized all of the windows on her computer and we were able to see her desktop wallpaper. It was a picture of an ocean front. Granted, there wasn't any captioning that indicated anything for me. Just me, inside my head. I decided something really silly. When I realized how silly it was, I giggled out loud. So, then I had to share my stupid thought. Out loud.

The picture had the ocean on the left side of the screen. I made an assumption that the photo was taken looking south. SO, I decided that it must be the Atlantic ocean, because the Pacific would be on the other side of the picture. Obviously!

But then, tonight, my Sweetie was sitting on the other couch and she stuttered out my name then admitted to having wanted to say it backwards. She determined in the midst of her effort to do so that you can't really say Mom backwards. Or rather, you can, but no one would be able to tell you'd said it backwards.

Except you. Inside your own head!

No comments:

Post a Comment