Sunday, November 2, 2008

Some people...

I live. I breathe. I'm sure there are things that I think that other people don't agree with. Thank goodness for diversity. That said? What is the deal with some people?

I'm discovering that it's as though there is a large segment of the populous that gives off an air of perfection to those around them. As though, the opinion housed in their mind is the ONLY opinion about anything and everything.

I would like to find a way to tactfully reveal to people like this the error in their perspective. To open their eyes to the reality that exists for the rest of us - where my opinion is exactly that. Mine. Not anyone else's. I'm happy to admit that my opinion may not be correct, but at least I'm willing to own it and not fuss about the fact that yours is perhaps diametrically opposed to what I think or believe.

Goodness! I'm pretty sure the rules of life are pretty simple. Love God and Love People. Pretty much? Those small minded jerks? They need to learn a little more about love and step off their nasty little soapboxes of hurtful opinions. Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about your situation, but rom the sound of this post, the "small minded jerks" are obviously revealing their IMPERFECTION. You have it right: love God and love people. Jesus did. Anything else is religion and legalism....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa (the girls' moma)November 2, 2008 at 10:13 PM

    You KNOW I hear you, girl. And what's sadder is when people who know better suddenly think they have to reform themselves... I hate that.

    ReplyDelete