Thursday, July 5, 2007

Readers and Counters

I spend most of my time in my Reader to catch up on all the latest posts for the blogs that I read. I often, particularly lately, don't even go to my own blog.

Writing has been more than difficult lately, but I think it might be looking up soon.

Anyway, I just checked my own blog...and am thus posting...and I went to check the stats on my counter.

People. It's just plain sad. My visits are slowly diminishing from decent (for me) to deplorable.

But whatever. Right? It's not about the visitors. It's about the freedom to write virtually without boundaries. Right? It's about me, really. When it all boils down to it, the blogging is about being able to clear my own head.

But on that fancy little counter, I can't help but wonder who some of the people who visit are. There's a lot of IP only, some plain United States, there's several from Seattle, Bothell, Sumner?! But then there's the really cool ones, like France and Thailand, Norway, even somewhere in Louisiana.

Alright, yes, I know. Louisiana isn't that exotic. But I don't think I know anyone there, and I see multiple hits from that area of my fine country.

You know what? Thailand isn't probably that exotic when you're from there. Right? That's hard for me to wrap my brain around, but it's probably true.

The only way to know who's stopping by is to get COMMENTS. There's simply not enough commenting going on. I know, I'm the worst offender of all. Admittedly.

Maybe, I should start giving more of what I wish for. =+)

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely!!! I've noticed not as much traffic on my blog too. I've even considered writing a post titled "Is anyone out there? I think it's probably because of Summer, people on vacation! Well at least that's what I telling myself so I don't get totally depressed!!

    Just so you know I have google reader too and when there's no posts I usually don't click on over. So see as soon as you posted I was here reading it and leaving a comment!!

    Yes!! You too need to leave comments on mine! I have several posts with zero comments right now!! It's pretty sad!!

    ReplyDelete