- I took Sweetie and the Middle Mann to Chicago when she was 3 1/2 and he was almost 1. We were gone for 3 weeks. Poor little guy didn't poop the whole time we were gone. Seriously!
- I know it's sinful, but Softie and I went camping over Labor Day weekend before we were married. Princess Diana was killed that weekend. Ugh.
- I'd been hired to replace a gal who had gone to school to be a teacher. She was just about done and getting ready to student teach. I was supposed to train into her position for about 3 months. Three weeks after starting this job, I got married and we went on our honeymoon. While we were gone, the person whose position I was hired to fill was brutally attacked by her ex-boyfriend and she nearly died. Horrible for her. Oh, and on that same vacation, John F. Kennedy, Jr. died. Not as personal of a connection, but this does contribute to the fear celebrities should have when I'm not working.
- When Hunter was about 10 months old, we took a family vacation for 10 days to the Bahamas. Upon our return, Mr. Mann didn't work for four months.
- I took a week off in July 2004 during which my sister had a stroke and ended up living with us for a year and a half.
- Last January, I took off time to be with my sister when she died.
- This year, I took a week off for Christmas to be with my family and take advantage of the benefit of the very gracious amount of PTO offered by my company. Grandma died.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Are vacations really a good thing?
So, I made it through my week off and only one person died. Do you realize that bad things tend to happen to people when I go on vacation? Really weird, bad things...let's look at my track record.