Thursday, December 21, 2006

I guess I should post...

I've been on vacation since last Thursday. Vacation from work. Vacation from waking up on time. Vacation from eating right. Vacation from going to bed at a normal hour. Vacation from not getting to nap in the middle of the day. Vacation!

Silly thing though, since I've been off work, the people I live with seem to think that there's something going on in my head and heart. I'm not sure if they're right. It could be simply a lack of structure. Or is that just me wishing that there's nothing else to it?

Also of note is the 2+ days without power. It was pretty fun actually. I read to the kids for a couple of hours. We all sat together by the fireplace and listened to the wind up radio. We kept our milk outside because it was colder out there than in the fridge. I think we made out pretty well, compared to others in our area. I think there are actually still people without power. It will be a full week tomorrow. Softie just told me that some of the power companies have asked that people not light their Christmas lights because of the drain on the power supply. He said that the power company has apparently threatened to turn off the power to homes with outside lights that are lit. WOW! What's that? I've heard of water rations, but power rations?

No comments:

Post a Comment