Friday, November 16, 2007

lately

Lately, I've been really struggling for material here. I'm not exactly certain why this has occurred, but today, while I'm flying I hope to be able to remedy that. I might even work on some drafts mid flight in order to try and at least go back to making this place a little more interesting.

I have really been enjoying NaBloPoMo this year. Last year, it really felt like a chore sometimes, and then I failed.

This year, I am determined not to fail.

This past week, there have been several times where random silly things happened and I thought to myself, "excellent fodder. must remember." I don't capitalize in my thoughts...sorry Grammar Goddess.

Then, when the day came to a close and there was finally time for me to gather my collective thoughts and throw them out here, there was nothing. Sitting here in the airport, I am remembering a couple of little bullet points for your enjoyment.

  • I had a Mazda 6 this week from the fine folks at Hertz. The key was one of those really fancy ones that doubles as an automatic unlocker/alert anyone who can hear my cry for help thingys. There was a shiny button on the one corner that, when pushed, popped out the key itself. This provided me with untold moments of pleasure. I felt like one of the guys on West Side Story with my switch key that sort of felt like a comic blade. I tend to fidget with anything in my hands as often as possible so I'm sure you can imagine how much flippage the key thing got this week. Once this week, in the midst of my flipping, I apparently hadn't cleared the airspace where the switch key was intended to be in time and totally nailed my index finger. My poor finger was numb and stinging for about 30 minutes after that. Way to go ME!

My second idea has just escaped me. So, I suppose there will only be one bullet point in this fine post. There will be more later!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa (the girls' moma)November 17, 2007 at 1:52 PM

    Sounds like my VW keys. I play with that thing all the time.

    ReplyDelete