Thursday, November 1, 2007

my Blogiversary!

Today is my blogiversary. Last year I started blogging to participate in NaBloPoMo.

I blew it last year and failed to post one day and thought all hope was gone that I would keep going with the blogging. But I've made it a year, and what a year it has been!

When I look back over my writing, I can see in myself that having a place like this has helped me to grieve out loud, learn about myself, and connect with new people.

I'm much further down the road of grief than I ever thought I'd be. Last year, I never thought I'd be able to say that. I couldn't imagine a day that I wouldn't cry about her being gone. One more year removed, I can honestly say that it's been about 4 weeks since I cried about her absence in my daily life. Writing that down feels a little callous compared to how sad I was this time last year, but I know that it's not callousness but a wholeness. It's a wholeness that I didn't even realize was possible in the middle of the lowest parts of my grief.

It's kinda cool to be able to go back and see that.

I guess I'll write more tomorrow. I'll talk about what I've learned about myself. Stay tuned. I will make it this year.

1 comment:

  1. Yep you will!! Like you said we're in it together!!

    I am so glad you have survived the grieving process. Being that I've been through it too, I don't think we ever really get through it or over it but we do learn how to survive and cope with our lose! I know SHE would be so proud of you!! I look forward to reading about what you have learned!!

    Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete