Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The answer is both.

I stayed up until 2:30 on Monday morning (Sunday night) and a worked on it almost the whole way to Portland. The video~for the funeral. It ROCKED! It was actually awesome to hear the snotty noses reacting to the photos and the songs.

I think I might have actually picked up a couple more leads in my newly found creative outlet. Great! I love death so much...I just can't wait to do more memorial videos for strangers dead loved ones. (complete sarcasm)

So, why did I do both? After picking my Sweet One up on Sunday night, we were listening to the CD for Easter that I had received that morning at church. One of the songs made me cry, so we listened to it repeatedly. Why do we do that? Self-imposed torture with tears. I'm thinking that's another post.

Anyway, when we got home, I felt a new energy and determination to get a good start on the finished product. It was really great that I was able to include the songs that my uncle had recorded. It was actually kind of amazing. Two of the songs were the exact length of the video. That was SOOOO cool to me. Like it was meant to be. How corny am I? Maybe it was just really late.

On Sunday night, I worked out the actual length of the video and matched up the songs. Then TV started re-running the 11:00 news and I knew I was going to have a really hard time waking up in the actual morning, so I decided to finish the rest of the transitions on the ride down.

So, I watched my battery the whole way down. It said I had 40 minutes left of battery just as I saved the video to disc. I wrapped everything up and hibernated the happy little laptop. The fun, however, was just beginning!

That's right! Once we got to the church, I pulled out my laptop and nearly burned my hand. 40 minutes after shutting it down, the fan was still trying to run to cool itself. Fortunately for the laptop, its Mommy had put it into a suffocating bag and it couldn't breathe. With all that trying, it chewed the battery into oblivion. Completely dead. Not even a flashing light that says, "Hey there Mommy, I'm just here, waiting for you to love on me again." So dead that I couldn't even get it to make the pretty little power light to light up while I was holding it down.

Normally, this would not be a problem, especially since working with computers is my JOB. Right? WRONG! I'm so set up everywhere in my normal life that I completely did not remember that power doesn't grow on trees and the only way to operate the little computer for more than 2 1/2 hours is to provide with some alternate current. That's right. No AC adapter. I should be fired.

THANK GOODNESS MY COUSIN LIVES IN PORTLAND. She let me borrow her husband and we ran around to two different Radio Shacks. I almost had to buy a new laptop because the power adapter I needed was an HP only product. Shoot me now! But, it was my birthday, so I was cool with buying a computer for it. I wouldn't have been able to keep it for myself, but that'd be okay.

Needless to say, my cousin wrangled an adapter out of the clenched fists of the 2nd Radio Shack dude and it only set me back $79.99. But hey, it was Oregon. There's no tax! What a bargain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment