Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Seriously?!

I think I'm about done with all this trying crap! I think that I'm okay. Then, while I'm cooking dinner with all of my amazing creative energy, my cell phone rings. I almost didn't hear it. I thought it was the tv. It wasn't. It was my dad.

That in itself was strange enough. I had just talked to him a couple of hours ago. That conversation was the second in as many days. I don't normally talk to him that often. I mean, usually, it's about once or twice a month, unless he's at church. So...

He was crying. That's horrible. Your dad isn't supposed to cry! Ever! He's the strongest man in the world. No matter how old you are! I knew it wasn't good news or to finish our conversation from earlier.

Then he did it. We got through a very brief hello and then...He choked out the words. "Glen...died......about 15 minutes ago."

Please tell me that this happens in threes and now I'm done with it for a while. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to sleep. Now. Forget the stupid dinner that I made. I just want to go away and be. I am so tired. It's wrong that 6 little words can suck all of the energy I had just begun to enjoy right out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment