Saturday, November 11, 2006

sharing grammar

Something funny happened earlier today. My daughter and I have reached a new level of closeness. It was so funny to me and I knew that I my one reader would really enjoy!!

So, we woke up pretty leisurely this morning. With prompting it happened around 12:15. The we I speak of is the sweetest little girl in the world and myself. So, she came upstairs and we were hanging out in my bed.

She decided to tell me a little story about something that happened yesterday with her smallest brother. She was very happy when she started to tell it and then she said, "(chuckle) I love grammar!" It was WONDERFUL in my heart. She blessed me on SO MANY levels!! It ended up that she discovered a pun during an interaction with the little mann. Something about hunting.

The best part happened when I was laughing with her and told her that her story was so "punny"! I can't remember seeing her laugh like that in a VERY long time! Apparently, she'd learned about puns, but never heard the term 'punny'. I think it hit her in a pretty funny spot.

And the relationship continues, with the new dimension of grammar added in...the closeness grows. Now, if I could only teach her how to spell without spellchecker (as I spell check - HA!).

1 comment:

  1. Lisa (the girls' moma)November 12, 2006 at 3:13 AM

    She just discovered this pun o' which you speak?

    You guys. You're so punny.

    ReplyDelete